- Great things to plant in your own garden are cherry tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, courgettes, beans, spinach, kale, herbs, lettuce, cucumbers, peas, beets, radishes, broccoli and cauliflower. Basil wont grow outside so keep that one inside!
- Grow what you like to eat!
- Maybe try some things that are expensive or hard to find in the supermarkets
- Choose leafy herbs and veges that you can harvest as you need them
- Edible flowers also act as companion plants - Calendula, French marigolds, borage and nasturtiums bring colour and act as pollinators and attract bugs (to keep your veges safe!)
What to grow in your DIY Garden
December 1, 2020