Making your own garden is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
You only need a few simple and inexpensive items to get started on your own garden. The key item is obviously your DIY Garden corners which mean almost anyone can do this. A few taps of the hammer, position it for the right sun, fill it up with soil, and plant your seeds or seedlings.
What you need to build your own garden
- Timber (preferably untreated) 25-28mm thickness; any length & width of timber up to 2 metres
- Potting mix or topsoil to fill
- Your DIY Garden corners
To build your own garden, first slot corners over planks
Hammer nails in to hold firm
Place the raised garden on a patch of bare level ground (line it if preferred) and fill with soil, then plant.
Soon your very own garden will be thriving so keep it watered, weeded and enjoy!
- Great things to plant in your own garden are cherry tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, courgettes, beans, spinach, kale, herbs, lettuce, cucumbers, peas, beets, radishes, broccoli and cauliflower. Basil wont grow outside so keep that one inside!
- Grow what you like to eat!
- Maybe try some things that are expensive or hard to find in the supermarkets
- Choose leafy herbs and veges that you can harvest as you need them
- Edible flowers also act as companion plants - Calendula, French marigolds, borage and nasturtiums bring colour and act as pollinators and attract bugs (to keep your vege safe!)